Volunteering in the ReStore
- ReStore sales are growing fast! We need volunteers like you who want to make a difference and join a wonderful team at the Wild Rivers Habitat for Humanity ReStores. We've been following new safety protocols that will provide you with a safe, engaging, and meaningful volunteer experience. If you want to volunteer at our ReStores, please contact St.Croix Falls ReStore at 715-483-2700 ext. 11 or the Spooner ReStore at 715-635-4771.
- Our volunteers play a direct role in creating a positive experience for our customers, the community, and help make the ReStore successful. The ReStore is a fast-paced environment, our volunteers poses a wide range of abilities and skills that include excellent communication, ability to provide exemplary customer service, and past retail experience is helpful. The profits from the sale of items sold in the ReStore go directly back into the organization's homeownership program to build homes for families in need of safe, decent and affordable housing. And, not only are you helping Habitat with our mission, you will also form friendships with our existing volunteers.
Volunteering on the Build Site
What do I wear?
- Wear appropriate clothing for the weather and the task for your volunteer day. For your safety, no open-toed shoes are allowed. Sunscreen is also recommended if you are working outside. Remember, you are working on a construction site, in an office or at a ReStore. You may get dirty!
What do I bring?
- If you have safety glasses, a hammer, tape measure or gloves, feel free to bring them if you are volunteering on a construction site. If you do not have these items, they will be provided for you. Be conscious of the weather outside. Always bring enough water, sunscreen, a sweatshirt and other items you may use when volunteering.
What should I expect for a build day?
- 8:00 a.m. — Check-in at build site
- 8:15 a.m. — Morning devotion and safety meeting
- 8:30 a.m. — Construction begins
- 12:00 p.m. — Lunch break
- 12:30 p.m. — Construction
- 3:00 p.m. — Clean-up
- 3:30 p.m. — Build day ends
What if I have no previous construction experience? Can I still volunteer?
- Yes! We do not require previous construction experience. Volunteers may be divided up into teams with a Crew Leader. The Crew Leader will mentor you and teach you what you will be doing on your build day.
What if I have previous construction experience?
- We are always looking for Crew Leaders to help lead groups of volunteers. If you are interested in being a Crew Leader, please contact the office 715-939-1390 for more details.
Who do I contact for more information?
- Please contact office (Builds) at 715-939-1390, the St. Croix Falls ReStore at 715-483-2700 ext.11 or the Spooner ReStore at 715-635-4771